50 years of making a difference, one person at a time.
The John Howard Society of Durham Region (JHS) is a non-profit, social service agency in Ontario Canada. We are dedicated to servicing individuals and families, youth and adults with programs and services in areas such as relationships, counselling, employment, literacy, housing, eviction prevention, crime prevention, harm reduction, parenting and more. Most of our services are free. Please explore the options on the left menu to learn more.
- Our annual Battle of the Bands by the Firehouse Youth Centre May 3rd was a smash hit!
- The 5th annual Communities with Brooms in downtown Oshawa saw great support
- We celebrated 50 years of service with a Flag Raising event in Whitby on March 26th
- JHS raised $9,516 for United Way during our 2012/13 event campaign!
- Check out the fantastic plaques presented by our MP, MPP and Mayor Henry of Oshawa!
Our Twitter Feed...
50 Stories, 50 Faces, 50 Names
Have you used one of our services since 1962? Where are you today? We'd love to know how you've moved forward in your life, and your shared experience could be an important peice to helping someone else move forward in theirs! We want to hear from you!
Whether you used our services 4 months ago, or 40 years ago, we're looking for YOUR experience. What did we help you with? You can share your full name, or just be anonymous if you prefer, but your experience can play a very important role in helping other people to find the help they need.
Tell us your story - contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Thinking of Giving Something Different?
If you or your organization are weighing plans for gifting, talk to us about helping you to make that plan hit home. We have information that could help you see more of that gift reach its target while realizing a tax deduction better than you might think. Contact email@example.com for more info.